The International Conference on Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime will be held from November 30 – December 1, 2023, in New York, US. This three-day event is expected to attract over 200 participants including academics, practitioners, and vendors providing opportunities for business and intellectual engagement among attendees. The Symposium is organized by the School of Business at the University at Albany, State University of New York (USA) and the Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Brazil.
The focus of this year’s conference is on emerging topics including the use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in digital forensics as well as adversary engagement and threat intelligence for cyber security. In addition, we will have our traditional security and forensics topics of digital investigations, cyber security, behavioral cyber security, incident response, risk management, business, etc. Given below is an indicative list of possible topics.
This session will enable doctoral students to present their work to other doctoral students and academic experts. The goal for the symposium is for doctoral students to present their early research and get feedback on their work. The Doctoral Consortium papers will not be published to ensure the student’s work is kept in confidence; however, students will present their work in a presentation during the doctoral consortium and via a poster in the main conference poster session. Submissions to the doctoral symposium should follow a traditional paper format – however we only require short papers 2000-3000 words. Each paper will be blind, peer-reviewed by members of the ICDF2C program committee and experts from relevant research domains. Submissions will be evaluated based on their originality, significance of the contribution to the field, technical correctness, and presentation. The paper should make explicit how the work offers unique and substantial contribution beyond what has already been published or submitted.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
We welcome contributions from the following fields:
- Digital and Multimedia Evidence and Forensics, Multimedia Forensics (including but not limited to Image-, Audio-, and Video Analysis, Biometrics, Linguistic Analysis of Texts);
- Chip Forensics;
- Mobile & Network Forensics;
- ICS/SCADA Forensics; Live Data Forensics;
- Forensic Lab Management and Accreditation. e-Discovery;
- Cybercrime investigation, Terrorism, Computer-Related Fraud, Computer-Related Forgery, Content-Related offenses (Child abuse materials, Promotion of extremism), Copyright Infringement;
- Other Legal Aspects of Digital Evidence Procedure and Applications; Cloud Computing Security;
- Web Application Security;
- Database Security;
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention;Network Security;
- Mobile Device Security; Smart Grid Security;
- Self-Organized Resilient Systems;
- Critical Infrastructure Security;
- ICS/SCADA Security;
- Security of “Internet of Things”;
- Quantum Computing Security;
- Digital Currency SecuritySecurity of Wearable Devices;
- Digital Rights Management Applications / Issues in National and International Security Issues, Human Rights Trans-National Cybercrime Investigations and Mutual Legal Assistance;
- Internet-based Espionage & Advanced Persistent Threats;
- State-Sponsored Cyber Warfare & Terrorism;
- International Cyber Conflicts;
- Government Surveillance;
- Censorship and Control of the Internet;
- International Cyber Laws and Confidence Building Measures
- Applications in Organizational Security and Incident ResponseIncident Response;
- Disaster Recovery;
- Insider Threat Management;
- Risk Management;
- Business Continuity;
- Security Policies;
- Security Auditing;
- Regulatory Compliance;
- Economics of Security;
- Behavioral Information Security
- Security and Accreditation of Security and Forensics Training
- Innovative Pedagogic Techniques;
- Hands-on Security Laboratories and Tabletop Exercises;
- Education Infrastructure;
- Diversity in Security/Forensics Education;
- Online Security/Forensics Education
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science,
Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, IO-Port, MatchSciNet, Inspec and Zentralblatt MATH.
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI Transactions series (Open Access)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
- Regular papers should be up to 12-15+ pages in length.
- Short papers should be 6-11 pages in length.
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
15 September 2023
30 September 2023
20 October 2023
Start of Conference
30 November 2023
End of Conference
1 December 2023
Full Paper Submission deadline
15 October 2023
30 October 2023
10 November 2023