EAI is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience
for attendees and a successful course of the event.
EAI is committed to holding the conference in 2021 and Accepted Authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given
an option to present their submission online. In case the situation prevents the event from taking place in its original location,
it will be held fully in an interactive, live online setting. Find out what EAI conference live streams look like and discover unique benefits
that online participation brings you: learn more
Accepted Authors will be notified about the final decision regarding the conference setting before the Camera-ready deadline.
The International Conference on Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime will be held from December 07 to December 09, 2021, in Singapore. This three-day event is expected to attract well over 200 participants, including academics, practitioners, criminologists (or law enforcement) and vendors, providing business and intellectual engagement opportunities among attendees. The conference is organized by the European Alliance for Innovation.
Like last year, the focus of this year’s conference is on various applications of digital evidence and forensics beyond “traditional” cybercrime investigations and litigation. Topics may include new challenges posed by emerging technologies, including 5G, edge computing, AI-controlled systems, cryptocurrencies, darknet investigations, hardware forensics, and AI-based systems to process unstructured information such as CCTV, social media, IoT data. This year, quantum computing is being added as a current topic.
Potential workshops may include password cracking for forensics, forensic education, forensic applications of AI (e.g., AI for network detection), responding to an incident from a police or corporate interaction perspective, including what to expect when you involve law enforcement.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The works that will be presented at conference will focus on (but not limited to) the following topics:
Digital and Multimedia Evidence and Forensics
- Novel Digital Forensic Techniques and Tools;
- Multimedia Forensics (including but not limited to Image-, Audio-, and Video Analysis, Biometrics, Linguistic Analysis of Texts);
- Chip-off Forensics;
- Mobile & Network Forensics;
- ICS/SCADA Forensics;
- Live Data Forensics;
- Forensic Lab Management and Accreditation.
- Investigations of Cybercrime, Terrorism, Computer-Related Fraud, Computer-Related Forgery, Content-Related offenses (Child abuse materials, Promotion of extremism), Copyright Infringement;
- Other Legal Aspects of Digital Evidence Procedure and Applications.
Applications in Technological Security
- Cloud Computing Security;
- Web Application Security;
- Database Security;
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention;
- Network Security;
- Mobile Device Security;
- Smart Grid Security;
- Self-Organized Resilient Systems;
- Critical Infrastructure Security;
- ICS/SCADA Security;
- Security of “Internet of Things”;
- Quantum Computing Security;
- Digital Currency Security
- Security of Wearable Devices;
- Digital Rights Management.
Applications / Issues in National and International Security Issues, Human Rights
- Trans-National Cybercrime Investigations and Mutual Legal Assistance;
- Internet-based Espionage & Advanced Persistent Threats;
- State-Sponsored Cyber Warfare & Terrorism;
- International Cyber Conflicts; Government Surveillance;
- Censorship and Control of the Internet;
- International Cyber Laws and Confidence Building Measures.
Applications in Organizational Security and Incident Response
- Incident Response;
- Disaster Recovery;
- Insider Threat Management;
- Risk Management;
- Business Continuity;
- Security Policies;
- Security Auditing;
- Regulatory Compliance;
- Economics of Security;
- Behavioral Information Security.
Security and Forensics Education
- Accreditation of Security and Forensics Training;
- Innovative Pedagogic Techniques;
- Hands-on Security Laboratories and Tabletop Exercises;
- Education Infrastructure;
- Diversity in Security/Forensics Education;
- Online Security/Forensics Education.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- IEEE Security & Privacy (IF: 2.04) (to be confirmed)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on e-Learning (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Safety and Security (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access) – indexed in ESCI & Ei Compendex
Additional publication opportunities:
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
16 May 16 June 2021
16 July 9 August 2021
2 September 20 September 2021
Start of Conference
7 December 2021
End of Conference
9 December 2021
Full Paper Submission deadline
12 July 26 July 2021
9 August 2021
2 September 20 September 2021